Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome to our Class Blog

"Why all that purple?"  For some reason, I remember purple being our school color (or did I imagine that?).  Maybe it's the fact that Purple Rain was a hit song doing the late 80's.
I understand blue and white were the school colors, but it's those special moments and events that occur during our high school days that matters most.  Like the fact that Prince was the sexiest man alive.  I just wonder why 25 years later, he stills looks the same and I look like my momma?

This is the beginning of our class blog what will keep each of us up to date until the day of our 25th reunion. OMG! 25 years! I remember my parents having their 25 year class reunion and I thought "Darn, they sure are old."
Hopefully, we will get another chance to fellowship and remember old times again.

Here is a little information to get you started:

Cost of Living 1986
Average Income per year $22,400.00
Average Monthly Rent $385.00
Average Price for new car $9,255.00
1 gallon of gas 89 cents
Casio Portable Color Television $249.99
Tandy 600 Portable Computer $1599.00
Bacon per pound $1.75

Top of the Charts
Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
Run D.M.C. - Walk This Way
Jeffrey Osborne - You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song)
Janet Jackson – Nasty
Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
James Brown - Living In America

Anyway, I think I'm going to leave it up to VJ to keep everyone updated on this blog. Since she just got a Facebook page last week we might as well keep her going. If you don't have a Facebook page, get one now. If not for yourself, to spy on your kids and others....... if you have time.

Go Wildcats!
Charlotte

1 comments:

VJ said...

Hello, this is great. I hope that everyone can make it to the reunion--please, support in anyway that you can. Thanks, to Charlotte for preparing this cool blog-- I went to a place called the Palms in Meridian to check out for banquet rental and it is purple, too bad it's booked for June 11th. Peace VJ

Post a Comment